Over 200 staff, students and clinicians have used eForms to collect scores and comments on applicants from over 6000 mini-interviews (around 400 per day) during the MMS MBChB admissions process.
Users reported the benefits of using eForms over a paper-based admissions system as follows:
- It was environmentally friendly, replacing thousands of paper marksheets
- The administrative workload was reduced – paper marksheets would have required scanning post-interview
- eForms improved accuracy – capturing the scores electronically eliminated the potential errors that arise from scanning/processing and enabled the reliable capture of text
- Real-time monitoring of scores – any potential issues could be quickly detected and resolved
- eForms allows the ready export of data in a usable format that facilitates loading into a database
- The system is portable and can be used for overseas interviews without the need to transport paper forms
- The ability to pre-populate many fields on the forms streamlined the completion process – interviewers did not need to type/write names and ID numbers; just select the correct form for the candidate and enter their score.